Arsenal prepare a coup for Leicester’s James Maddison
Euro 2020 and the Copa America are over and the summer transfer window is open, giving Europe’s biggest clubs the chance to create a sensation in the market. Check out the latest gossip below, and check out all the official offers here.
TOP STORY: Gunners surround Maddison
Arsenal could be set to offload a number of players as they step up their pursuit of Leicester City playmaker James maddison.
the Daily mail reports that Mikel Arteta sees the 24-year-old as a key target this summer after lender Martin Odegaard leaves Real Madrid.
The Foxes are believed to be unwilling to listen to a £ 50million bid at this point, but a move that includes a player going the other way could tempt them.
Maddison has impressed many since joining Leicester in 2018 from Norwich City for just over £ 20million. He made 98 Premier League appearances during this span, scoring 38 goals. The performances managed to convince England boss Gareth Southgate in 2019, who offered him his first senior international cap against Montenegro.
The two Arsenal players who would be available in any deal are Reiss nelson and Ainsley Maitland Niles. Both academy graduates have had high-flying experiences, and while a deal including the two may be difficult, the Gunners believe it could be done.
Nelson, 21, has made 22 Premier League appearances and 23 Bundesliga appearances on loan at Hoffenheim, but has yet to fully integrate the Arsenal squad despite his potential.
Maitland-Niles, 23, spent last season on loan at West Bromwich Albion, making 26 appearances in a campaign that ended in relegation.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– ESPN + Viewer’s Guide: Bundesliga, La Liga, MLS, FA Cup and more
09.42 BST: Tottenham have started negotiations with Sevilla to sign the Spanish midfielder Bryan gil, according to COPE Radio.
Spurs made an offer of € 25million plus variables and included the Argentina midfielder Erik Lamela in the case to entice Gil to the London outfit.
Gil, 20, has caught the attention of many clubs after scoring four goals and adding three more in 29 league appearances while on loan from Sevilla to Eibar last season. His contract with Sevilla runs until June 2023. Earlier this summer, Valencia had approached Sevilla to sign Gil on a one-season loan with an option to buy included in the offer. However, the deal did not materialize.
Gil, who has made three appearances for Spain’s senior team, is one of 22 players nominated by Spain coach Luis de la Fuente to compete in the Olympics.
09:00 BST: Rennes president Nicolas Holveck said the club were “open” to discussing a deal to get rid of Manchester United’s goal Eduardo Camavinga this summer.
Sources told ESPN that United are monitoring the 18-year-old’s situation at Rennes and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is also keen to add a midfielder to his squad.
Camavinga still has a year on his Rennes contract and the club president has said he is ready to let the midfielder go at the right price.
“One of the priorities is to reduce the workforce,” Holveck told French radio RMC. “We still have eight or nine players who have to leave. There is also the situation with Eduardo.
“Discussions are still ongoing, everything is open, either for a departure during this transfer window – if an offer satisfies everyone – or to extend [Camavinga’s deal]
“He won’t be leaving on the cheap, we’ve had a lot of talk but nothing is complete one way or another.”
– Paris Saint-Germain did Paul pogba their priority as a marquee signing this summer according to the Mirror. The France international could discuss a move to a new club abroad in January due to his contract being cut, putting additional pressure on Manchester United to move him if a deal cannot be reached that time. summer. PSG boss Mauricio Pochettino is said to be looking to raise funds through player trading in order to make an offer for Pogba this summer. It is reported that around £ 50million could be enough to secure the Red Devils midfielder if a deal is not reached.
– Arsenal take an interest in Barcelona goalkeeper Neto according to Mundo Deportivo. The 32-year-old is one of many players allowed to leave Nou camp this summer as the Catalan side seek to free up salaries in order to register new recruits. Barca have reportedly requested around € 14million for the player when approached for him a few months ago. Brazil’s representatives believe the Gunners are the more viable option. Tottenham were another linked team, but Pierluigi Gollini’s arrival at Spurs will have reduced any chance of that move.
– Lyon increased its valuation by Houssem Aouar ahead of a potential battle for the midfielder’s signing this summer. Le10sport reports that the initial valuation was € 20-25million, but after much interest in the player it rose to € 30-35million. Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal are clubs linked to the coveted 23-year-old. The Gunners are reportedly leading the pack with a first offer sent out a few weeks ago, but no new offers have been sent since talks began.
– Juventus set a £ 35million valuation on the defender Merih Demiral according to Goal. The 23-year-old has been linked with a move to Everton since Rafa Benitez arrived and, after a season of sporadic appearances, Juve could let the center-back go. Roma and Atalanta are two clubs also linked to the Turkish international.
– Liverpool have set a valuation of £ 15million for Harry wilson in the midst of Fulham’s interest according to the Athletic. The 24-year-old has been linked with a number of clubs including Benfica, Brentford and West Brom, but talks between the Reds and Fulham for the winger are ongoing. The Welsh international has spent the last few seasons on loan including at Bournemouth, Derby and Cardiff and his impressive second tier numbers have sparked interest as the Cottagers look to bounce back to the Premier League on first demand.