Baseball Gameday: In California (3/27/22)
Oregon State (16-5, 5-3) vs. California (11-11, 4-4)
March 27, 2022 • 12:00 PM PT • Berkeley, CA • Stu Gordon Stadium
TBA vs LHP Ian May (1-0, 3.44)
Oregon State and California end their three-game series Sunday at Stu Gordon Stadium in Berkeley. The first pitch is scheduled for 12:05 a.m. PT.
All games are broadcast on the Beaver Sports Network with a preview 30 minutes before the first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1 – FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games before 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games ).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com and find the live stream on the Oregon State Baseball Schedule page. Games can be streamed through the Varsity Network, which is available for smartphone and tablet users. Download the free Varsity Network app for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will air on Pac-12 Oregon. Roxy Bernstein will call the action.
Pac-12 Networks subscribers can watch the game online at pac-12.com or using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
California’s Dom Souto hit a home run in the ninth, erasing a late Oregon State comeback, to give the Golden Bears an 8-7 victory Saturday afternoon at Stu Gordon Stadium. Souto hit the second pitch he saw from the OSU reliever dj carpenter above the fence on the left. It came after the Beavers scored six goals in the ninth to tie the game at seven. Trailing 7-1, the Beavers roared with six in the ninth, led by by Travis Bazzana third circuit of the season. Jabin Trosky brought home another on a double and OSU tackled two on a California error on a ground fly by Wade Meckler. The Beavers tied the game on a wild field.
Oregon State Banknotes
• Boyd stole his 13th goal of the season in the fifth inning on Friday. He is just a step away from becoming the first Beaver with 15 or more in a year since Nick Madrigal swept 15 in 2018.
• Boyd has stolen six bases in his last five games.
• Oregon State reached the 200-point mark on Saturday and enters the final with 202 points. OSU is averaging 9.61 points per game.
• The 2021 Beavers hit the 200-point mark in Game 32 of the season, also against California.
• Travis Bazzana extended his hitting streak to nine games. He singled to open the sixth and homered in the ninth. He has three home runs and 17 RBIs during his hitting streak.
• Bazzana’s two hits have earned him 12 multiple goals this season, most on the team. No Beaver had reached double digits in 21 games in 2021.
• Brady Kasper made his first start of the season. He batted seventh in the designated hitter roster. He became the 16th Beaver to start at least one game this season and the seventh at DH.
• Oregon State pitchers have walked just three times in their last three games; one against Seattle on Wednesday and one in each game against Cal.
• Oregon State has allowed just four unearned runs this season. The Beavers had the fewest errors in the Pac-12 with 10 after four on Saturday.
• OSU has 110 strikeouts and only 33 walks in 105 2/3 innings on the road this season.
• The Beavers, at 56, have allowed the second fewest walks in the Pac-12 this season.
• OSU has now scored in double digits in every set this season.