Huskers take on Oral Roberts in Tuesday Night Tilt
NEBRASKA vs. ORAL ROBERTS
May 17, 2022
Field of Falcons | Lincoln, Neb.
Tuesday, May 17 – 6:35 p.m.
Launch : RHP Dawson McCarville (3-5) v RHP AJ Archambo (5-1)
Radio: Huskers Radio Network – Lincoln (1400 AM), Omaha (590 AM), Huskers.com, Huskers App
Nebraska hosts Oral Roberts at Hawks Field, as the Huskers play their final midweek non-conference game of the season against the Golden Eagles on Tuesday, May 17 in Lincoln.
The first pitch between Nebraska and Oral Roberts is scheduled for 6:35 p.m. Tuesday night.
Tuesday night’s game will be broadcast live on B1G+. Fans can also listen Greg Sharp and Ben McLaughlin call all the action on the Huskers Radio Network. Tuesday night’s game will air on KLIN (1400 AM) in Lincoln and KXSP (590 AM) in Omaha. Every game from this season can be streamed for free on Huskers.com and the official Nebraska Huskers app for iOS and Android devices.
• Garrett Anglim hitting .302 with 10 doubles, four triples, three home runs and 27 RBIs this season.
• Griffon Everitt leads the Husker offense with 12 doubles and 38 RBIs this season, while second on the team with seven homers.
• cam chick and Max Anderson are tied for a team record eight homers this season, followed by six homers per Brice Matthews and Colby Gomes.
• Gomes has batted .304 with three doubles, six home runs, 18 RBIs and 13 runs in 24 games this season.
• Emmet Olson ranks third in the Big Ten with a 2.75 ERA in 18 appearances this season, including seven starts.
• Braxton–Bragg has a team-high five saves this season with 35 strikeouts and just seven walks in 32 innings.
• Koty Frank is a perfect 4-0 with a 3.95 ERA and 67 strikeouts this season. Frank has totaled 57 innings in 13 total appearances, including seven starts.
• As a team, Nebraska is hitting .245 with 395 hits, 71 doubles, 13 triples, 44 home runs and 284 runs.
• The Husker pitching staff has a team ERA of 4.71, while giving up 278 runs, 221 earned and striking out 403 in 422 innings.
Scouting of the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles
• Oral Roberts enters Tuesday night’s midweek game 33-16 overall and 15-6 in the Summit League after winning two of three games in Omaha last weekend.
• Jackson Loftin is hitting .345 at the plate with 12 doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 45 RBIs in 49 starts this season. Caleb Denny hit a team-best nine homers and 51 RBIs while tallying 17 doubles and 53 runs this season. Mac McCroskey is third on the team with a .319 batting average, followed by Holden Breeze (.318) and Joshua Cox (.314)
• AJ Archambo is 5-1 this season in 14 appearances this term, including six starts. Archambo had a 5.18 ERA and 43 strikeouts in 48.2 innings of work.
• As a team, Illinois is averaging .291 with 463 hits, 97 doubles, eight triples, 44 homers and 322 runs in 45 games.
• The Golden Eagle pitching staff has a team ERA of 3.83, while allowing 213 runs, 182 earned and striking out 449 in 428 innings.
• Head Coach Ryan Folmar is in his 10th season at Oral Roberts, posting a 314-206 record at the helm of the Golden Eagle program.
• Nebraska and Oral Roberts have faced each other 37 times on the diamond, with the Golden Eagles holding a 21-16 lead in the all-time series.
• The two teams shared two midweek games in Tulsa on March 20 and 21, 2018.
• Nebraska last faced Oral Roberts at Lincoln in the 2008 playoffs, where the Golden Eagles eliminated the Huskers in the Lincoln Regional with an 8-0 win.