Spartans Football back on KTRB 860 AM this season
SAN JOSE, CA – KTRB (860 AM, San Francisco) will return this season as the Spartan Radio Network’s flagship station for all football games. Justin Allegri will enter his 10th season in the pit calling San Jose State Athletics and will join analyst Kevin Richardson for his 15th season. Richardson will also do play-by-play for two games this season, Portland State and Colorado State, with Josh Love again joining Richardson for a color commentary. Allegri will be on NBC Sports Bay Area joined by James Jones and Kylen Mills for the Sept. 1 game at Portland State and the Nov. 5 game at Colorado State.
“We are thrilled to extend the partnership with KTRB and I am thrilled to be working with Kevin Richardson again,” said Allegri, Producer of Broadcast and Mountain West Network. “KTRB have been a great partner who have helped provide consistent coverage for our fan base and we are happy to have them as teammates again.”
All broadcasts start 30 minutes before kick-off with a pre-match show and a 30-minute post-match show.
For the first time since 2018, the San José State Coaches Show will air on radio. Allegri will host and have weekly head coach segments Brent Brenan, special guests and players. Each show can be heard Thursday nights at 7 p.m. on KTRB, except for the first show, which airs Wednesday, August 31 at 7 p.m.
Teskes Germania will be the site of the San Jose State Coaches Show and it will be taped in front of a live audience every Wednesday night at 6 p.m., except for the first show on August 30 at 6 p.m. The restaurant is located at 255 N First St. in San Jose and more information can be found here.
The show and the coach show are also available on the KTRB website: 860amtheanswer.com.
Tickets 2022 | Calendar 2022
- This season will be his 10th in the San Jose State football stand calling more than 100 games since his first season in 2013.
- In addition to being the voice of the Spartans, he is the broadcast and network producer Mountain West for San Jose State Athletics. He oversees the LiveStream production of other Spartan sports, press conferences and interviews broadcast on the Mountain West Digital Network and NBC Sports Bay Area.
- While his voice is heard locally and regionally with his SJSU shows, he is heard worldwide on Sony Playstation’s “MLB The Show.” Allegri started working with Playstation in 2014.
- He has worked part-time as a broadcaster for the San Jose Giants since 2015 and earned a bachelor’s and master’s degree from San Jose State.
- This season is his 15th season in the San Jose State football stand
- Played football at Stanford University and started as an inside linebacker his last two years
- Led the Cardinal in tackles during the 1987 season
- Mountain West Offensive Player of the Year (2019)
- Played seven games in the USFL (Pittsburgh and Michigan) last season
- Third all-time pass in SJSU history with 7,206 yards
Click here to create your One Spartan Nation membership with subscriptions.